New Year, New Season. What you need to know.
Each year, a commemorative button is created to represent the Irish season. The first coming about in 1967, over the years this button has become a welcomed tradition and collectors item among many. Each year a clan of Irish princesses work to sell these buttons to those near and far with funds going to support the “Greatest Parade in the Nation” located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Looking into 2021, this will surely be a year to remember. To ensure the safety of our princesses, association and community – we are going about selling buttons a wee bit different this year.
We continue to navigate the coming months in a well thought out fashion, with an unwavering dedication to deliver our community with Irish spirit and fun but in a manner which won’t compromise the safety of us all until we can properly mingle in future years.
For now, we hope to answer any questions you may have regarding buttons and any miscellaneous activities or traditions.
Where can I buy a button?
- Buttons are available to purchase NOW online. Click here to get your button on!
- Follow us on social media (@stpatsmn) and check back here often for updates on how to buy a button in-person. We are working on a few different, creative ways to get out and about in St. Paul to support local businesses and sell buttons safely.
How can I buy a button from Miss Shamrock or the Shamrock Princesses?
- We want more than anything to see you all out in the community. So our volunteers are hard at work, figuring out new and inventive ways to safely sell our commemorative buttons to you in-person. Follow us on social media (@stpatmn) and check back here often for updates.
What do I get when I buy a button?
- Each button you buy comes with a chance to enter a drawing to win $1,500. Your chance of winning is estimated at one in 2,000.
To be eligible to win, each entrant must complete and mail an official entry card to:
St. Patrick’s Association, Inc.
525 Main St. #120208
St. Paul, MN 55112
Must be postmarked no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on March 20, 2021
Where is my money going?
- It is our pride and joy to give back to the community and maintain the long-standing tradition of celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day in Downtown St Paul. All proceeds from our merchandise (e.g. The Official St. Patrick’s Day Buttons, masks and Pots O’Gold) goes directly to funding the Saint Patrick’s Day celebration and future parades.
- Along with funding the parade each year, all additional proceeds we raise go to local charities.
Why isn’t there a trip for 2 to Ireland as this year’s prize?
- With COVID-19 causing many families and businesses to struggle, along with current global travel restrictions, the association decided it would be best to offer a cash prize this year in lieu of the trip to Ireland.
How many buttons can I buy?
- As many as you would like! There is no limit to how many buttons you can purchase.
When will the winner be announced?
- April 15, 2021
What is included in the “Pot of Gold”?
- Our “Pot O’ Gold” is a new offering this year and contains everything you need to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and show off your Irish spirit. Jam packed with your very own Official Saint Patrick’s Day button, a free entry card for the $1,500 Cash Prize drawing, a handful of green beads, a bunch of face/body tattoos, gold coins, and more! It also comes with a perfectly-distant “Kiss ME I’m Irish” mask – available in your choice of color, White or Black, so that you and yours can celebrate the day festively and safely. Learn more and check them out here.
How long will it take for my order to ship to me?
- Estimated shipping is 2-3 business days depending on the size of your order and your destination. This is subject to the availability of our volunteers and may take additional time due to high volume of orders and current constraints on the shipping carriers. Please know, we are doing everything we can to get your orders to you quickly and efficiently as possible, and before St. Patrick’s Day.
- If you have additional questions regarding your order, please email our Buttons Production Committee at email@example.com
Additional Q&A’s About the Association.
Aside from buying a button, are there other ways to support the Association?
- Participate in our online fundraising auction on starting Jan 27, 2021 and donate. Click here to bid.
- We always welcome monetary and in-kind donations to support all our activities to spread Irish cheer and give back to our community. Contact us here to learn more.
- Volunteer! We are a 100% volunteer run non-profit, and we can always use additional help. Contact us to learn more.
- Own a business? Become a corporate sponsor and/or sell our button at your establishment. Contact us to learn more.
How can I get involved in the St. Patrick’s Association of St. Paul?
- We are always looking for more volunteers. Contact us here and we will be in touch.
- Own a business? Become a corporate sponsor. Click here to learn more
What charities do you support? And how much do you donate?
- Our goal is to donate at least $10,000 annually to multiple local causes including:
- Brian Boru Pipe Band
- Catholic Charities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Irish Network Minnesota
- Gillette Children’s Foundation
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Our Lady of Peace
- Serving Our Troops
- Sisters of St Joseph Ministries Foundation
- St Paul Fire and Paramedics
- St Paul Police Band
- St Paul Police Reserve