The 2022 Parade
Will there be a parade this year?
- Yes, #stpatsisback! We plan to hold our traditional parade once again this year on Thursday, March 17th, 2022 starting at noon. This year’s route will be reversed, starting at Rice Park and ending at Mears Park.
What is the parade route?
- Our 2022 parade will be a reversal of our traditional route, starting at Rice Park (5th St & Market St) and ending bear Mears Park (5th St & Sibley St), traveling along 5th Street.
Why is the route reversed?
- The parade route is reversed this year so we can all celebrate the St. Patrick’s Day Parade being back again! The Ballpark Hooley presented by Guinness, hosted at CHS Field, starts immediately after the parade (Gates open at 12:30pm) and features live music by The Northerly Gales and Tim Sigler with great food and beverages specials. Click here to learn more and buy tickets
All About The Button
Each year, a commemorative button is created to represent the Irish season. The first came about in 1967, and over the years this button has become a welcomed tradition and collector’s item among many. Each year Shamrock Princesses and association members work to sell these buttons to those near and far with funds going to support the “Greatest Parade in the Nation” located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Where can I buy a button?
- During the six weeks leading up to St. Patrick’s Day, our Association visits local establishments all throughout the Twin Cities to fundraise and sell our commemorative buttons. We affectionately call this “Button Blitzing.” You can see our full Button Blitzing schedule on our Upcoming Events page and follow us on Facebook & Instagram (@stpatsmn) for updates and the most accurate schedule.
- Buttons are also sold at Joe & Stan’s Pub and Irish On Grand
How can I buy a button from Miss Shamrock or the Shamrock Princesses?
- Starting Feb 10, 2022, our group will be out and about all throughout the Twin Cities “Button Blitzing.” Check out our events calendar and follow us on social media (@stpatmn) for the latest schedule.
What do I get when I buy a button?
- Besides a really cool and highly sought-after, commemorative button, that shows your support for the parade, each button you buy comes with a chance to enter a drawing to win $1,500. Your chance of winning is estimated to be one in 3,500.
- To be eligible to win, each entrant must complete and mail an official entry card to:
St. Patrick’s Association, Inc.
525 Main St. #120208
New Brighton, MN 55112
Must be postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. CT on March 19, 2022
Where is my money going?
- It is our pride and joy to give back to the community and maintain the long-standing tradition of celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day in Downtown St Paul. Your money goes directly towards funding St. Paul’s Saint Patrick’s Day celebration and future parades with all additional proceeds we raise going to local charities.
Why isn’t there a trip for 2 to Ireland as this year’s prize?
- With COVID-19 causing many families and businesses to struggle, along with current global travel restrictions, the Association decided it would be best to offer a cash prize this year in lieu of the trip to Ireland.
How many buttons can I buy?
- As many as you would like! There is no limit to how many buttons you can purchase.
When will the winner be announced?
- April 11, 2022
About Our Association
Aside from buying a button, are there other ways to support the St. Patrick’s Association?
- We always welcome monetary and in-kind donations to support all our activities to spread Irish cheer and give back to our community. Contact us here to learn more.
- Volunteer! We are a 100% volunteer-run non-profit, and we can always use additional help. Sign up here to learn more.
- Own a business? Become a corporate sponsor and/or sell our button at your establishment. Contact us to learn more.
How can I get involved in the St. Patrick’s Association of St. Paul?
- We are always looking for more volunteers. Sign up here to learn more.
- Own a business? Become a corporate sponsor. Click here to learn more
What charities do you support? And how much do you donate?
Our goal is to donate at least $10,000 annually to multiple local causes including:
- Brian Boru Pipe Band
- Catholic Charities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Irish Network Minnesota
- Gillette Children’s Foundation
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Our Lady of Peace
- Serving Our Troops
- Sisters of St Joseph Ministries Foundation
- St Paul Fire and Paramedics
- St Paul Police Band
- St Paul Police Reserve